MenuetOS is a nifty little Operating System that runs on a floppy disk. Written entirely in x86 Assembly language, it supports a GUI and even comes with a web and MP3 server!
The list of features includes:
- pre-emptive multitasking, multithreading, ring-3 protection
- graphical UI with 16 M colours up to 1280×1024
- faster programming language than in Win, Linux, ..
- ide: editor/compiler for assembly kernel and applications
- kernel and application sources included (GPL)
- TCP/IP stack with PPP & Ethernet drivers
- http/mp3/email servers, 3D maze
- free-form, skinnable application windows
- hard real-time data fetch
- fits in a single floppy !
There are many small little apps that you can also download to make this OS a little more fun!